The Beginning of the Story of Salvation History
with Sue Athey
Holy Scripture is God's way of introducing Himself to us, letting us know who He is, and telling us of His boundless love!
In this course, you will learn about the early days of God's love story with all humanity - from Creation through King Solomon. Along the way, you will meet some of the most intriguing people who ever lived (Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, and more)
Have you ever wondered...
- Does Genesis present a scientific explanation of Creation? What is really happening in the story of Adam and Eve?
- If the earth was reborn after the flood, how did the sin of Adam and Eve enter into Noah's world? What does this say about our world today?
- How did Abraham live up to God's calling? How did he fall short? And how does Abraham's story look forward to Christ and the redemption of man?
- How did Abraham's lack of trust in God's promises lead to today's middle-eastern conflict?
- How did the chosen people, the Hebrews, come to be known as the Nation of Israel? Why do we, today, refer to them as Jews?
- What is the deep significance of God telling Moses His name?
- At Sinai, was Moses the only one God spoke to?
- Anticipating that the Hebrews would demand a king, what limitations did Moses place on kingly power? Which king of Israel violate these limitations? And how should we apply Moses' teaching when considering today's world?
But most of all, how do the stories presented in the Old Testament show us God's love, God's patience, and God's mercy?
Nov 4 - Dec 16th, 2020
Wed for 6 weeks from 6:30 - 9:30 pm
For directions, call us at 303-929-4002