with Phil Pratt
The Book of Revelation is perhaps the most misunderstood and misinterpreted book in all of Scripture!
Many people look around at the violence, disrespect for life, materialism, and rejection of God that plague our modern world and wonder - are we seeing the End Times foretold by Christ, disturbingly described in Paul's Second Letter to the Thessalonians, and specifically detailed in the Revelation of John? Perhaps we should better understand these passages of Scripture!
- The theme of marriage is central to Revelation; and reflects the central theme of John's Gospel as well. How does marriage provide a framework for understanding Revelation?
- Revelation is writting using an apocryphal style; are the end times all doom and gloom?
- Revelation must be understood within the historical setting of 1st century Israel
- Revelation must be understood as describing a great but largely unseen battle that takes place, not in the heavenly realm, but here on earth
- Understanding the elaborate and powerful symbolism is difficult without an understanding of the Old Testament
- Numbers are significant! Seven figures, seven bowls of wrath, seven seals, 666, thousand year reign, etc.
But most of all, Revelation must be interpreted in accord with the heart and mind of the Church!
Feb 8 - Mar 29th, 2021
Mon for 8 weeks from 6:30 - 8:30 pm
For directions, call us at 303-929-4002