Foundations of Our Faith
with Thomas Ryan
Increasingly, our Catholic Faith is being assaulted. Do we know our Faith well enough to defend it? Or to explain its truths to others? As Archbishop Fulton Sheen once said:
"There are not more than one hundred people in the world who truly hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they perceive the Catholic Church to be"
Have you ever wondered...
- Is belief in God purely an act of faith? Or is it rational and reasonable to believe in God?
- What does the Church actually teach regarding the Trinity?
- What is meant by "consubstantiation"?
- What does it mean for us to be created in God's image and likeness?
- How was man's nature corrupted through the Fall? And what is Original Sin? Why am I stained by something my ancestors did thousands of years ago?
- Is there more to Christ's mission than dying for our sins and opening the gates of heaven?
- What does Scripture tell us about Christ's second coming? and why are teachings on the rapture heretical?
- How does the Holy Spirit work in the world and in our lives? What is grace? And what are the Gifts of the Holy Spirit?
- What does it mean that the Church is One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic?
- What are the four last things?
- How does our Catholic Deposit of Faith differ from that of Protestants? And how does this affect our life in faith?
- Why is veneration of Mary so important for Catholics?
- How are we being called to live our faith in a secular world that is becoming increasingly hostile to religious beliefs and practices?
Now is the time to discover the answers!
Sep 24 - Dec 17th, 2020
Thu for 12 weeks from 6:30 - 9:30 pm