Filter by Category
Foundations of Our Faith
with Thomas Ryan
Increasingly, our Catholic Faith is being assaulted. Do we know our Faith well enough to defend it? Or to explain its truths to others? As Archbishop Fulton Sheen once said:
"There are not more than one hundred people in the world who truly hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they perceive the Catholic Church to be"
Have you ever wondered...
- Is belief in God purely an act of faith? Or is it rational and reasonable to believe in God?
- What does the Church actually teach regarding the Trinity?
- What is meant by "consubstantiation"?
- What does it mean for us to be created in God's image and likeness?
- How was man's nature corrupted through the Fall? And what is Original Sin? Why am I stained by something my ancestors did thousands of years ago?
- Is there more to Christ's mission than dying for our sins and opening the gates of heaven?
- What does Scripture tell us about Christ's second coming? and why are teachings on the rapture heretical?
- How does the Holy Spirit work in the world and in our lives? What is grace? And what are the Gifts of the Holy Spirit?
- What does it mean that the Church is One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic?
- What are the four last things?
- How does our Catholic Deposit of Faith differ from that of Protestants? And how does this affect our life in faith?
- Why is veneration of Mary so important for Catholics?
- How are we being called to live our faith in a secular world that is becoming increasingly hostile to religious beliefs and practices?
Now is the time to discover the answers!
The Beginning of the Story of Salvation History
with Sue Athey
Holy Scripture is God's way of introducing Himself to us, letting us know who He is, and telling us of His boundless love!
In this course, you will learn about the early days of God's love story with all humanity - from Creation through King Solomon. Along the way, you will meet some of the most intriguing people who ever lived (Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, and more)
Have you ever wondered...
- Does Genesis present a scientific explanation of Creation? What is really happening in the story of Adam and Eve?
- If the earth was reborn after the flood, how did the sin of Adam and Eve enter into Noah's world? What does this say about our world today?
- How did Abraham live up to God's calling? How did he fall short? And how does Abraham's story look forward to Christ and the redemption of man?
- How did Abraham's lack of trust in God's promises lead to today's middle-eastern conflict?
- How did the chosen people, the Hebrews, come to be known as the Nation of Israel? Why do we, today, refer to them as Jews?
- What is the deep significance of God telling Moses His name?
- At Sinai, was Moses the only one God spoke to?
- Anticipating that the Hebrews would demand a king, what limitations did Moses place on kingly power? Which king of Israel violate these limitations? And how should we apply Moses' teaching when considering today's world?
But most of all, how do the stories presented in the Old Testament show us God's love, God's patience, and God's mercy?